|Church Stained Glass Windows
recorded by Robert Eberhard - updated January 2017
|Stained Glass Windows at
St. Barbara Garrison Church|
|Printer friendly version|
|EW||1912||L of 3||A.E. Child||St. George(originally for Portobello Bks Dublin. Moved to Deepcut 1922)||'History of St. Barbara's Church 1901-1994'|
|EW||1913||Centre of 3||A.E. Child||Christ King of King Lord of Lords (originally for Portobello Bks Dublin moved to Deepcut 1922||History of St. Barbara's Church 1901-1994'|
|EW||1912||R of 3||A.E. Child||St Patrick (originally for Portobello Bks Dublin moved to Deepcut 1922||Rt: Rev. C.F. O'Reilly||History of St. Barbara's Church 1901-1994'|
|SN1||+1920||1||Ave Maria (reset with clear backgrund)||Kathleen Smith|
|SN2||1994||1||Goddard & Gibbs signed||John Lawson||Badge of Royal Logistic Corps||History of St. Barbara's Church 1901-1994'|
|SN3||2000||1||Goddard & Gibbs signed||Suffer little children|
|SN4||1993||1||Goddard & Gibbs signed||John Lawson||St. Barbara||History of St. Barbara's Church 1901-1994'|
|SNpanel||Panel||St. Barbara (from Hilsea)|
|SNW||+1932||2||Percy Bacon Bros||St. George; St. Patrick (moved from Hilsea Barracks Church Dec 1980)||Sir Charles Matthew||Stylistic attribution|
|WW||1956||3||St. Gabriel; St. Michael; St. Raphael (reset without background)|
|PorchW (S)||L&R of 3||Badges:Royal Corps of Transport;Army Catering Corps|
|PorchW (N)||L&R of 3||Badges:Royal Pioneers;Royal Corps of Transport|
|PorchN||3||Tower of church;Saint playing harp;Tree (much clear glass)|
|NNabove choir||1926||3||Percy Bacon Bros||St. Barbara; St. Michael; St. Joan (moved from Hilsea Barracks Church Nov 1980)||Gen. Sir H. Parsons||Stylistic attribution|
|NN1||1993||1||Goddard & Gibbs||John Lawson||Badge of Royal Army Ordnance Corps||'History of St. Barbara's Church 1901-1994'|
|NN2||1991||1||Goddard & Gibbs signed||John Lawson||Book of Knowledge; Torches of Learning; Sword of Wisdom||History of St. Barbara's Church 1901-1994'|
|NN3||1991||1||Goddard & Gibbs||John Lawson||Shield of HQ BAOR (donated by all ranks of RAOC serving in BAOR)||'History of St. Barbara's Church 1901-1994'|
|NN4||1991||1||Goddard & Gibbs||John Lawson||France & Germany Star (donated by Normandy Veterans Association)||'History of St. Barbara's Church 1901-1994'|
Location of windows
The coding system is based on that used in Nineteenth Century Norfolk Stained Glass by Birkin Haward.
All windows are numbered consecutively from east to west in any north or south facing wall and
from the centre outwards in any east or west facing wall. Windows of 2 and 3 lancet lights
are shown as 2 and 3 light.
In the column headed date, the date (without a + sign) is the date the window was made. In that column and in the column headed Memorial a date prefixed by a + sign is the date of death commemorated in the window.
Firms / Designers
The booklet Stained Glass Marks & Monographs published by NADFAS, 8 Guilford Street, London, WC1N 1DA provides details of makers’ signatures and marks and short biographical information on many designers and firms.
A reasonably comprehensive listing of subjects is provided, except in cases where there are many small scenes or many saints, particularly if the windows are high up. For reasons of space, the title ‘Saint’ has often been omitted, most commonly in 4 evangelist windows.
Persons and events commemorated
These are mainly recorded only as a cross-reference to documentation.