|Church Stained Glass Windows
recorded by Robert Eberhard - updated January 2017
|Stained Glass Windows at
Fulham, Inner London
|Printer friendly version|
|Nave N||1869||reset pnl||Calling of St. Matthew||Jane Emma Knowles||(see note)|
|WPorchS||1869||2||St. Luke; St. John||Jane Emma Knowles||(see note)|
|WPorchN||1869||2||St. Matthew; St. Mark||Jane Emma Knowles||(see note)|
|Note||Windows reset when church rebuilt 1999. Windows previously brought from St. Mary, Westminster in 1925.|
Location of windows
The coding system is based on that used in Nineteenth Century Norfolk Stained Glass by Birkin Haward.
All windows are numbered consecutively from east to west in any north or south facing wall and
from the centre outwards in any east or west facing wall. Windows of 2 and 3 lancet lights
are shown as 2 and 3 light.
In the column headed date, the date (without a + sign) is the date the window was made. In that column and in the column headed Memorial a date prefixed by a + sign is the date of death commemorated in the window.
Firms / Designers
The booklet Stained Glass Marks & Monographs published by NADFAS, 8 Guilford Street, London, WC1N 1DA provides details of makers’ signatures and marks and short biographical information on many designers and firms.
A reasonably comprehensive listing of subjects is provided, except in cases where there are many small scenes or many saints, particularly if the windows are high up. For reasons of space, the title ‘Saint’ has often been omitted, most commonly in 4 evangelist windows.
Persons and events commemorated
These are mainly recorded only as a cross-reference to documentation.